Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sanctuary One

I have been looking for a cause to become involved and volunteer with for a couple of years but didn't find the right fit until now. After the 4th of July I came across a Jacksonville newsletter that mentioned the Sanctuary One. I'd never heard of it and was instantly intrigued by the concept of a 'care farm'. I contacted them right away and schedule a time to tour the farm and sign up to volunteer. There is a special feeling on this land - truly, it feels so peaceful. It was just what I'd been looking for. I encourage you to check out their website and follow them on Facebook. Just hearing the stories about the animals and how they came to be at the Sanctuary can be heartbreaking but I try to focus on the good that comes to them once they arrive there. It is obvious they also feel the peace that is present here. Check it out. I feel so good after spending the day here on Saturdays.
http://www.sanctuaryone.org/


This was my greeter and welcoming committe when I arrived there yesterday:


1 comment: