Thursday, July 26, 2012

First things first

The day after we arrived my 3 sons unloaded the truck, put beds together and organized furniture. Once the heavy lifting was done, we dropped off the moving truck and I took them out to dinner at Bella's in Jacksonville. We were all famished and it felt good to rest and refuel.  I enjoyed sitting there watching them interact and joke with one another. It was good to be together and knowing they were leaving in the morning, I wanted to soak up every moment with them. After dinner they helped to set up my office and connect electronic equipment to the internet. We sat around on the couches, relaxed and feeling satisfied of all that had been accompished in a good day's work. The next morning was Sunday and even though they wanted to get on the road early, they lingered with me after breakfast and visited for a bit. They must have sensed my apprehension about them leaving - perhaps they were a bit apprehensive about leaving me too. It finally came time to say goodbye and I couldn't hold my tears back. I have the best sons in the entire world and I was going to miss not being able to see them as often. I know- it was my choice to move - I just wish all of my children would move here too! To keep myself busy instead of curled up on the couch crying, I went to work unpacking boxes and getting things organized. I love the location of my house here and the setting that surrounds it. Here is a picture of my back patio - I enjoy sitting out here in the morning to drink my coffee. It smells so good outside - fresh air, just like when you're in the mountains.




No comments:

Post a Comment