Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday night at the WellSprings

Before I moved here I heard about the natural mineral hot springs spa in Ashland. I grew up going to Lava Hot Springs, ID. My father loved to sit in the hot pools and soak. The difference here is that swimsuits are optional after dark. Fortunately they have a women's only night each Monday from 6 p.m. to midnight. I really enjoy soaking in the natural mineral pools but I'm not quite sure I'm ready for the experience with nude men yet. So for starters, I went to the WellSprings on a Monday night shortly after I moved here. The weather had been cool and rainy and my muscles and back were tired from all of the unpacking. I decided a hot soak would feel good and not to worry about the swimsuits optional part but rather go with the flow of how I was feeling once I arrived. I took a swimsuit with me but didn't end up using it. Swimming nude in public was actually quite freeing. I think a lot of us have body image issues and there is no better way to get over yourself than to walk out naked to a pool area with other naked women of all ages, shapes and sizes. Wasn't it the bible story of Adam and Eve that said they were naked but unaware until Eve partook of the fruit and discovered their nakedness? Then they hurried and made clothing from animal skins to cover themselves. She didn't even think nudity was wrong when she had an innocent, childlike view of things. Something to think about if you believe in bible stories.
Of course I can’t take pictures of the pools while I’m there tonight so these are from their website at http://www.jacksonwellsprings.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment