Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Special Guests


Deer are everywhere here in Jacksonville. It was fun to capture this beautiful site of a mamma and her baby sitting in the shade one morning while my sisters were here visiting. (My sister Paula took these pictures.)


I am very excited for my 2 youngest children to arrive later today! I have planned a day of river rafting for us tomorrow and it will be such fun to hang out with them for the next few days! That has been the toughest part of moving here - being so far from my family. I wish they would all move here too but that is probably not realistic at the present time. So I want to make the most of every moment while we are together. I will post some pictures of our time together later on this week. As I've been preparing for guests this summer I decided to paint the furniture in the guest room. Once I did that project and realized how easy it was and how much I liked it, I decided to paint my kitchen table. My next project will be a dresser I have in my laundry room. Here are some photos of the painting projects:


I didn't take before and after photos of the bedroom furniture but this is a big improvement - I love the color! I used Annie Sloan chalk paint and it was so easy - no sanding necessary. I heard about it from someone's 'pin' on pinterest. There are so many great ideas - I painted mine with a basic look but check out what you can do with this paint! Such creative people out there.
Here is the link:




You can kind of see the 'before' oak color in this photo

1 comment:

  1. The furniture looks so good! Hope you have so much fun with Ben and Liz! I'm sure it will be wonderful. Love you.

    ReplyDelete