Friday, August 31, 2012

One of my favorite meals

For dinner I often make this... It is delicious! The green salad is fresh and flavorful and the pasta is extremely pleasing to the taste buds! Since switching to a completely vegan diet last year this pasta is one of my favorite new recipes. Every single time I've made this and one of my non vegan family members tries it, it quickly becomes one of their favs as well. The recipe is from the Vegan Yum Yum cookbook which has a great selection of vegan recipes- in fact the most likeable recipes I've found in one vegan cookbook. 
This recipe is called Hurry up Alfredo. You just cook your shell pasta (it must be shell pasta so it holds more of this dreamy sauce)  and steam whatever veggies you want to add. This time I added cauliflower but it is good with any kind of veggies because the sauce is just so yum yum! 
Blend the following ingredients in your blender until smooth and poor over hot cooked pasta and/ or veggies:
1 cup soy milk
1/3 heaping cup raw unsalted cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
3 T tamari sauce or soy sauce 
2 T Earth Balance margarine
1 T tahini (it looks like peanut butter)
1 T fesh lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
A pinch of nutmeg
Salt an pepper to taste
I also add some crushed red pepper - to give it a little kick 
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment