Monday, December 24, 2012

May you have love to give and love to receive this time of year

I've been feeling really homesick the last few days. They say home is where your heart is... Right now my heart is with my children and grandchildren. I have never experienced a Christmas without family before this - it is not my preference, but it is the way things are this holiday. I keep having this wish in my heart that my family will surprise me and show up at my doorstep tonight for Christmas Eve. Rationally, I know this isn't going to happen, the weather isn't making travel likely or safe. But I can dream. Truthfully, I will be glad when the holidays are over because I don't like feeling especially lonely during this time of year that is filled with memories and unmet expectations. I am however, very grateful for the love and blessings that surround me. I have a beautiful and amazing family and even though we can't be physically together this season we are together in love. May you be blessed with love and light this season as well.

These are a few photos from the local Nativity performance a couple of weeks ago.








No comments:

Post a Comment