Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Gift from the Sea

The weatherman said yesterday we could expect good weather along the coast and in southern Oregon so I planned a day trip excursion. When I first moved here I was doing these discovery day trips regularly on weekends but I haven't ventured anywhere new in the last couple of months. My day yesterday was a pure treasure- you never know what you will find when you go exploring someplace new. The coastline and beach area in Bandon, OR proved to be a winner. There were miles of trails that led to the beaches and a quaint little Main Street a block from fresh fish eateries on the Bay. So much to see, taste and experience that I could've stayed much longer. I will definitely be back. But in the meantime here are some photos of my wonderful adventure. As you look at these photos just imagine the cool gentle ocean breeze in your hair, the salty smell of fresh ocean spray and the freedom of open endless ocean vistas and the sound of pounding waves.
I have thought many times of Anne Morrow-Lindbergh's book 'Gift from the Sea' since I moved to Oregon. I highly recommend it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment